ARROWLEAF CLOVER - VASIL
Trifolium vesiculosum Savi.
Licensed in 2014
Mass selection of foreign varieties followed by selection in dry conditions.
- Annual species from the family Fabaceae with long taproot.
- Stems are erect, semi-erect and hollow.
- Leaves are large, elliptical to arrow leaf
- Plant growth habit looks like Trifolium alexandrinum
- Flowers occur in round to oval heads, usually on long flower stalks.
- Flowers are white to rosy.
- In monoculture as main crop, catch crop or in mixture with annual ryegrass.
- Sowing rate is 12–15 kg/ha.
- Sowing in 12.5 cm rows at depth of 2 cm in very early spring.
- Early first cutting as weed protection.
- Provides to cuttings per year.
- For seed harvest from first cutting.
- 1000-seed weight is 1.37 g,
- seed colour pink to red
- 1st cut yield - 14-17 t/ha in fresh matter
- 2nd cut yield - approx. 13 t/ha in fresh matter
Research Institute for Fodder Crops, Ltd. Troubsko | Zahradní 1, 664 41 Troubsko
Fax: +420 547 138 800 | Phone: +420 547 138 811, individual number +420 547 138 8XX (XX - personal line)| GSM gateway: +420 731 840 178 | E-mail: vupt (at) vupt.cz